Each of the options below are worth a different number of points. Choose which sections you want to complete, however they cannot exceed 60 points. The first 30 points will be awarded as the assignment, and the next 30 points would be awarded as the extra credit. Please do not exceed 60 points as the points will not count.
Please send your completed assignment to email@example.com, with the subject line: BeyondHogwarts-Assignment 1-HOL id. For example, if I were sending it in, it would read as follows: BeyondHogwarts-Assignment 1-ar1107. Remember to include your full HOL name, House, and ID in the body of your assignment. And just as a reminder, NO ATTACHMENTS WILL BE OPEN. Please use a graphic service such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc. If you send in an assignment with an attachment, it WILL BE DELETED.
Jigsaw Puzzle (10 points)
In keeping with Castelobruxo's tradition of educational camping trips, one of the students diligently took a picture of the area where they were staying for the night, in order to better study it later. Darn the luck, but a sacri (Brazillian mythological creature resembling a small boy) decided to live up to his mischievous nature and tore it all to bits. Luckily, I was able to retrieve the pieces. I need your help in restoring the photograph; the remnants can be found here: four.flash-gear.com/npuz/puz.php?c=v&id=4011191&k=89390393 Remember, NO ATTACHMENTS, LINK ONLY.
Fill in the Blanks (10 points)
1. Despite the intense heat and __________of the location, the school has a lot to offer, especially if you wish to specialize in Herbology or __________.
2. The students wear robes of bright _____ not unlike Hogwart's __________ House.
3. These trips sometimes last for several__________ though rest assured, they are carefully __________by the staff.
4. The school boasts several famous alumni, including __________, a world-renowned __________and author.
5. Poor __________, in addition to being distraught over the __________, was dealt the double blow of losing a friend over the matter.
Short Answer (10 points) Complete sentences, please.
1. Where is Castelobruxo located?
2. What do the buildings of Castelobruxo resemble?
3. Who was Aston Channing?
4. What are caipora?
5. In addition to magical ability, what abilities must a prospective Castelobruxo student possess?
True or False (10 points) If False, please correct the statement to make it True.
1. If a Muggle were to happen upon Castelobruxo , all they would see would be a pile of dust and ash.
2. When Headmistress Benedita Dourado offered Headmaster Armando Dippet the use of some caipora, he graciously accepted.
3. Weekly excursions to study the various flora, fauna, and wildlife would be quite detrimental to anyone not up to undertaking such rigorous physical activity.
4. João Coelho, Captain of the world-renowned Quidditch team the Tarapoto Tree- Skimmers, can also boast that he is a graduate of Castelobruxo.
5. The Castelobruxo student who was to exchange with Bill Weasley was quite irate, and sent Bill several threatening owls, as well as a package filled with dragon blood and stinkbug juice.
Research (20 points) 150 word minimum
We talked briefly about caipora in the lesson. These creatures are actually figures in Brazilian folklore; do some digging and tell me more about them. Be careful for Merlin's sake; I wouldn't want you coming back missing fingers and toes!
Journal Entry (20 points) 150 word minimum
Imagine that you are an exchange student at Castelobruxo. Write an entry in your journal describing a typical day.
Picture It! (2o points)
Create a graphic (whatever medium you choose) about something that was covered in the lesson. It could be a picture of the buildings, one of the alumni, or any other thing that tickles your fancy. Remember LINKS only. Attachments WILL BE DELETED.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.