Each of the options below are worth a different number of points. Choose which sections you want to complete, however they cannot exceed 60 points. The first 30 points will be awarded as the assignment, and the next 30 points would be awarded as the extra credit. Please do not exceed 60 points as the points will not count.
Please send your completed assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line:BeyondHogwarts-Assignment 3-HOL id. For example, if I were sending it in, it would read as follows: BeyondHogwarts-Assignment 3-ar1107. Remember to include your full HOL name, House, and ID in the body of your assignment. And just as a reminder, NO ATTACHMENTS WILL BE OPEN. Please use a graphic service such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc. If you send in an assignment with an attachment, it WILL BE DELETED.
True or False (10 points) If false, fix the statement so it reads true.
1. It is in Lake Brosno that the Great Serpent lives.
2. Packed off to nearby Finland, the four young nobles were set up in a remote country house with a skeleton crew of trusted servants.
3. Antony Aristov was the eldest among them, and by silent decree he became their leader.
4. Victoria Grigoriev would have been sorted into Ravenclaw if she had attended Hogwarts.
5. Among the four, Alexander was the only one to receive any sort of formal magical training.
Multiple Choice (10 points)
1. The year in which the four young nobles were exiled: A. 1670 B. 1672 C. 1675
2. Antony Aristov inherited his magical ability from: A. his mother B. his father C. no one; he was the only one in his family that could perform magic
3. Tatiana Veronin's nature was: A. sweet and compliant B. obstinate and argumentive C. meek and unassuming
4. It was _____ years before the exiles could return home: A. 10 B. 4 C. 2
5. The young wizards at Koldovstoretz wear: A. red robes B. blue robes C. white robes
Short Answer (10 points) Complete sentences, please
1. In which House did the Herbology Club and Care of Magical Creatures Club get their start?
2. Who bears the scars from a beating they received when caught doing magic?
3. Which war was Russia involved in that led to the exile of the young nobles?
4. What Russian words are the name of the school derived from and what do they mean?
5. Which town is the school located near?
Crossword Puzzle 10 points
Send in either a word list or a link to the completed puzzles. NO ATTACHMENTS, please.
Research (20 points) 150 word minimum
Do some research on the Great Dragon that lives in Lake Brosno and tell me about it. Please include a Muggle theory on what they believe the Great Dragon to be.
Crest Design (20 points)
As you know, every Wizarding School worthy of its salt has a crest. Given what you know about the four founders and the school itself, please design one for Koldovstoretz, using whatever medium you desire. Remember, LINK ONLY, NO ATTACHMENTS.
Pick a Side (2o points) 150 word minimum
It is well known that Tatiana argued for the rights of all classes to attend the school, not just the children of nobles. One can only imagine that her biggest opponent was Victoria, given her own rather strong views on the subject. Please argue the case as either Tatiana or Victoria, citing specific reasons to back up your argument.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.