Each of the options below are worth a different number of points. Choose which sections you want to complete, however they cannot exceed 60 points. The first 30 points will be awarded as the assignment, and the next 30 points would be awarded as the extra credit. Please do not exceed 60 points as the points will not count.
Please send your completed assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line:BeyondHogwarts-Assignment 2-HOL id. For example, if I were sending it in, it would read as follows: BeyondHogwarts-Assignment 2-ar1107. Remember to include your full HOL name, House, and ID in the body of your assignment. And just as a reminder, NO ATTACHMENTS WILL BE OPEN. Please use a graphic service such as Photobucket, Flickr, etc. If you send in an assignment with an attachment, it WILL BE DELETED.
Poor Isolt is on the run from her wicked aunt, who has placed a number of curses randomly in her path. Please solve the puzzle to help Isolt escape.
Instructions: Each puzzle consists of a 9x9 grid containing given clues in various places. The object is to fill all empty squares so that the numbers 1 to 9 appear exactly once in each row, column and 3x3 box.
Matching (10 points)
Match each area of Ilvermony to the part it represents:
1. James & Isolt A. Mind 2. Wampus B. Soul 3. Puckwudgie C. Founder 4. Horned Serpent D. Body 5. Thunderbird E. Heart
Short Answer (10 points) Complete sentences please
1. Why are the robes of Ilvermony blue and cranberry?
2. Why did Gormlaith Gaunt kidnap her niece?
3. Why did Isolt have to hide in the forest?
4. Which forest creature did Isolt nurse back to health?
5. What is the one thing that Isolt managed to save from her childhood home?
Fill In The Blanks (10 points)
1. Being a __________, James had no chance against the __________, and when next he awoke, he was in the tender ministrations of Isolt, who brought him to her cottage to recover.
2. When out hunting with William, a cry alerted her to a nearby clearing, while two __________watched in horror as the hidebehind murdered their __________.
3. Despite her best intentions to __________ James, the two __________, raising the two Boot boys as their own.
4. One by one, they are called to the __________ of the room to stand on the __________ symbol emblazoned on the floor.
5. Ilvermorny is known to be one of the most __________, least__________ schools around, which is exactly the type of legacy that Isolt and James would have wanted.
Research (20 points)
In the lesson, we discussed two forest-dwelling creatures, the hidebehind and the puckwudgie. Due to the precedence taken by Isolt's story, we did not, however, discuss them in length. Do a bit of research and tell me more about these creatures. 150 words minimum
Sorting Time (20 points)
Imagine, for an instance, that you are one of the students standing in the Entrance Hall waiting to be sorted. When it is your turn, which House responds and claims you as their own and why? 150 words minimum
Ad Campaign (20 points) Choose one
Not that the school ever needed it, but imagine that you were hired by Isolt and James to make a poster a. advertising their school to prospective students b. offering a reward for the capture of Gormlaith Gaunt
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.